Ads Here

Thursday, April 23, 2020

We fear hunger, not COVID-19 Delta residents



Orubebe floors Okowa on projects allocations in Delta
Some residents of  Ethiope East and Ukwuani Local Government Area (LGA) in Delta State have said they fear hunger more than the COVID-19 pandemic.
They also said as children of God, the virus will not come into their households.
A vulcaniser, Leo Okotete, said: “You need to be alive to contract the virus. You cannot contract it when you have died from hunger”.
Mrs. Chibueze Victoria, a fruit seller, said: “I am battling for my life and family to survive the hunger. If I am not able to go out and work, how will my children survive?”
A boutique owner simply identified as Chinedu said although he was not in denial of the virulent nature of the disease but believes God will not allow the virus into his household.
His words: “We know that coronavirus is real but I strongly believe it is not our portion.
“The only thing affecting my family is hunger virus. I have not opened shop for two weeks and counting. How will my family survive?”


No comments:

Post a Comment